Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SRO

I think I've finally found my seat at the bar here at NOHSC. I'm not at the corners, which threw me off, because I like sitting at corners. And it's right near the beer taps, which again, I don't usually like. But I can't see my fat face in any mirrors urging me to order some sort of lite beer crap, and I can turn and see Musetta through the window when she's on her perch. It's a nice middle seat, protected, or at least settled between the embankments.

I like it.

Halfway up the stairs is a stair where I sit.
There isn't any other stair quite like it.
It's not at the bottom, it's not at the top.
But this is the stair where I always stop.

Halfway up the stairs isn't up and isn't down.
It isn't in the nursery, it isn't in the town.
And all sorts of funny thoughts run round my head.
It isn't really anywhere, it's somewhere else instead.

-A.A. Milne & Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home