Thursday, June 29, 2006

I made this for a friend who loves soft pinks and blues.

I made this for a friend who loves soft pinks and blues. The pattern is simple, and the scarf wraps nicely around the neck, holding its shape so you can tuck your chin inside when the wind blows.







Materials:

2 Skeins Light Blue Cashmere (190 yrds each)
2 Skeins Light Pink Chenille
1 Skein Pink Baby Cotton
1 Pair #8 Needles

I worked all but the fringe with both chenille and cashmere yarns at once, with a basic stockinette stitch 32 stitches across. For the pattern, I did 5 rows of RT, worked 6 rows stockinette, then another 5 in RT.

I knitted the long stockinette part until I was about done (left a few yards to make sure) with the first skein, then called that "halfway," repeated the same number of rows, then repeated the RT/stockinette pattern. Then I added fringe and viola!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home