Saturday, September 01, 2007

Damn Pissants

New Orleans is full of bugs. Lots and lots of bugs, big and small, quiet and noisy, really gross and really, really gross.

The cockroaches are the thing you fixate on at first. They're three inches long, with four-inch-long antenna, and they fly. They fly at you. They fly at your head.

Some smart-ass will come along and say, "Those aren't roaches. Those are palmetto bugs."

Whatever. Who cares? They're flying cockroaches when they're coming at your head.

But at least if you don't have too many cracks in your home, you don't have to deal with the flying cockroaches of death all the time. Unlike pissants. Pissants are a constant in the summer, and they're driving me out of my mind.

Now, don't think I don't keep a clean house. I do. It gets a little untidy sometimes, but it's clean. But the pissants don't care. From what I can tell, every time I get out the Clorox, they think I've cleaned up the place so they can have their friends over for a party.

A few minutes ago, I came back to the computer to do some work and picked up the Zone bar (I love Zone bars) I had set down just an hour or so ago on my desk and it was absolutely covered in damn pissants!! I HATE THAT! ARGHHHH!

You may wonder where they're coming in and why I don't stop them. But I my house was originally built in 1849 and I've got the original hardwood floors, and they just don't fit together well enough to keep out something so small. I'm planning to get the floor insulated, hopefully before next winter, but I don't have the money and that was my ZONE BAR!

At least pissants are easy to kill...except when I find one carrying something back home in its little mouth. It's disturbing to kill something that's being so industrious, even if it is making off with my lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home