Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Decisions, decisions

The fourth season premiere episodes -- the first two are parts two and three of the cliffhanger -- came a couple days ago, and I watched them and was IN HEAVEN. I can't review them yet for the site...where is that letter?...do I just have to say WOW. Way to go!

But the thing is, review copies aren't really finished. There's no music, some of the effects aren't finished, and the sound balance is way off. I think they still need to loop a few scenes, too, especially one with Sheppard. For the most part, you don't really notice, except for the lack of music, which really intrudes. I mean, you notice the actors are sort of standing there, staring at each other, and you're straining to hear the music go DUM DUM DUUUUUUUM! and it doesn't. It's odd how much more movies are like operas than plays. We've all gotten so used to the music telling us when something's gonna pop out or when something touching is happening that without the score, the episodes just feel so raw.

So now, here's the decision. I've got an hour or so before a friend of mine's coming over for dinner (sushi, yuuuum) and I could pop one of the ole DVDs into the computer and rewatch an episode...and unfinished episode. Or I can wait and watch it for just the second time when it's on TV and has all the parts up and the music playing.

What to do???

Also I think I slept on my jaw funny. Hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home