Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Okay, day two of the temping

This job really is great. First, everyone here is just a little sharper, friendlier, and more...on the nose than I'm used to. I pull into the CORRECT parking lot this morning, and the valet guys recognize my name from someone telling them about me -- even named my supervisor -- and asked me how I was doing. They gave me the employee parking rate, which really helps. Then, I came early to get the free coffee, and there it was -- beautiful free coffee! They didn't have the pastries out this morning -- which bumps the perk from free coffee to free breakfast. So I went a-hunting, and found the BOX back in the kitchen area. I kept waiting for someone to look at me funny or something, but instead it was just all, "Yeah, get the free food."

Today I come a little better prepared, knitting-wise. I brought a bootie, which is just CO and go.

The only bad thing, which is pretty standard, is that many of my sites are blocked here. No Facebook, no Fark, no Pogo, no Crossword, no eBay. Moreover, when I try to go to them, I get this message that my action has been logged.

Seriously, can't people be trusted only to use these on their break?

The computer also has no games on it, which I guess answers that question.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The sites you wanted to go to take up a lot of bandwidth which is probably why they are blocked. And games take up a lot of memory which is why the computer does not have any.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Maybe, but then why would they have to "log" my attempt? Sounds more like they don't want employees to play around on the computer to me.

Besides, Fark, which is a site I really hate not being able to access, wouldn't take up extra memory or bandwidth.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home