Monday, October 22, 2007

Fire, Air & Water


My parents, sister, and nieces live in San Diego County, so it is with great concern that I'm watching the news.

Wildfires in So. Ca. are kind of like hurricanes in New Orleans -- horrid and dangerous, but a little routine. So when I first heard there were some flames on the hill, I didn't worry too much.

But these are getting vicious, and my sister just called from her car after having driven through near-zero visibility smoke on the highway.

Mom says they'll be okay and aren't in a danger zone, but I sure wish I could send some of what I'm getting to them!















Yes, it's been raining steadily for about five hours now, and my street is quite flooded. My front yard is underwater, and it's lapping at my steps. I just saw some joker driving on the sidewalk.

2 Comments:

Blogger Silk said...

omg so much fun to read ur blog, now I have weeks of fresh material to keep me entertained. The flood waters are very impressive, scary.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

My poor crepe myrtles aren't going to make it through more of that sort of rain. As it is, they've lost all their blooms and seem to be sort of moping, their tired little branches begging, "No more rain for a while, please?"

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home