Friday, September 21, 2007

The Sock Cont'd


I'm not sure if I like the way I did the shaping at the top, and won't until I try on the finished version, but otherwise this is coming along nicely. The yarn is SO COMFORTABLE. These are going to be perfect on autumn evenings, curled up on the sofa...knitting more socks.

I think I've finally gotten a handle on that hold at the gusset join -- did it correctly with a twisted stitch on one side, then did it wrong on the other, so I grabbed a crochet hook and fixed it. You know how sometimes you need to get it in your head, see the whole thing in your mind before it really clicks?

Hopefully, I'll be able to do the same thing for the class on the 29th. I'm working up these socks in a step-by-step pattern, with pix. If the class likes it, I'll make more copies to sell at the store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home