Wednesday, September 23, 2009

That was weird

Okay, one of the total hoots about this assignment is that I'm working for the head honcho. I don't usually notice the "rank" of my supervisor, but in this case...

I noticed it first on the first day. While everyone was friendly and all that, there was this weird vibe going on too. I chalked it up to the fanciness of the hotel.

But the second day, I definitely noticed a little extra "hat doffing" when people spoke to me.

I am a temp. No one ever doffs the hat to the temp. Tell me to clean the restroom, yes. Act concerned about my opinion, no.

But seriously, this one guy is giving me the mail on Tuesday and being all, "Oh, here's the mail!" And when I got my car at the end of the day yesterday, there was this special, "Oh, here you go, ma'am."

So I made the connection. I am a temp, yes, but I'm the temp to THE BOSS. hee hee hee

It's the only time EVER on a temp assignment that I had status.

But today...I don't know what to make of what happened when I was leaving. My car wasn't in the garage. It was waiting for me, right there, in the front.

WTF?

The car valet guys had my car right there.

Was it there all day?

Did they...you know, actually get it ready for me? That's not possible, is it?

Maybe it was blocking something.

But seriously. It was right there.

More info tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home