Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I feel so smug -- don't spoil it

Diana, owner of Garden District Needlework, pulled out a skein of Noro Kureyon a couple weeks ago and told me to work up a Christmas stocking pattern for it. (Well, she asked/told me, if you get me.) I decided that this challenge was really about making the EASIEST Christmas stocking pattern, and therefore, was much knitting and purling and frogging and gnashing of tongues and eating of orangutans, until I came out with what I'm fairly certain is the easiest way to produce a stocking (not one you could really wear, but good enough for hanging on the fireplace). And there was much rejoicing.

What do you think?

I think I will keep him and love him and name him George.

Er, actually, I think I'll name it the "In a Twinkle Christmas Stocking" and put the pattern up in the store. (If anyone reading this wants a copy of the pattern just say so.)

Now, I know for a fact someone else has come up with this simple slip-short-row pattern, but I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT. Thanks right. I'm feeling all smug and proud that I invented something, so I don't want to know about the 1,000,000,000,000 knitters who have come before me and figured it out already.

I celebrated my triumph over the stocking by starting up a new project. Can you guess what it is?

4 Comments:

Blogger Silk said...

your stocking is way cuter than felt plus cotton balls glued to the top

11:42 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Thanks, I agree! I love it when something comes out better than you planned. :-)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Silk said...

my five year old asked me if it's a snake.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Ha! It easily could be. At one of my knitting groups last night, a woman was doing an alligator scarf. It looked really cool.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home